Edenton is a wonderful place to live, work, raise a family and retire. It is a small, close-knit town, yet convenient to major urban areas and world-renowned beaches.
Here is valuable information about relocating to Edenton and Chowan County. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need further resources.
- Population: ~14,793
- Real Estate Taxes (Town): $0.40/$100 Valuation
- Real Estate Taxes (County): $0.7450/$100 Valuation, .055 County Fire Tax
- Sales Tax Rate: 6.75%
- Housing prices range from $100,000 to $1.5 Million.
- Subdivisions are located throughout Edenton and Chowan County for home building.
Other Relocation Site Links
Temperatures average 60.9 degrees. The average for January is 42.3 degrees and for June is 75.3 degrees. Annual rainfall average 47.9 inches. Annual average snowfall is 4.6 inches and elevation is 19 feet
Medical and Health
- White Oak Elementary School, K-2nd: 252-221-4078
- D. F. Walker Elementary School, 3rd-5th: 252-221-4151
- Chowan Middle School: 252-221-4131
- John A. Holmes High School: 252-482-8426
- Greenville NC: 1.5 hours
- New Bern NC: 2.0 hours
- Outer Banks NC: 1.5 hours
- Raleigh NC: 2.5 hours
- Norfolk, VA: 1.5 hours
- Washington DC: 4.0 hours
Churches and Civic Clubs
Please call our office for a copy of our County Church Directory and Civic and Club Listing